Preparation for Product Photography
As a Miami commercial photographer, we’ve provided product photography services to agencies, design firms and in-house corporate advertising and marketing departments of all sizes for more than 30 years. It’s been our experience that the more prepared a client is for a shoot the better the results will be. Here are a few tips to help things go as smoothly as possible:
1. Develop a good understanding of what you want your brand style to be and keep it consistent across the full range of the products we’ll be working with.
2. Know your audience and what images will generate the response you want from them.
3. Have some set design ideas, based upon what you’ve seen and liked in media, online, and elsewhere.
4. Prepare an itemized list of your products that includes information such as sizes, colors, the model to be photographed, and the running order for the shoot.
5. Carefully examine your products to be sure they’re ready. Is everything there and in the right colors? Look for any damage that could cause delays or other problems.
6. If we’ll be working with clothing items, you’ll coordinate with our stylists to ensure that they’re sorted to make the shoot as efficient as possible. Garments will be steamed or ironed a day in advance, and be prepared to touch them up, if necessary, before the shoot.
Our product advertising photography produces creative, striking images that help move product and expand your reach. And of course, we provide a full range of retouching services and ensure color accuracy for both print and web usage. We can also take product shots in front of a green screen for later use in computer-generated graphics or videos.
If you’re looking for a commercial photographer in Miami that understands the unique challenges your brand is facing and knows how to overcome them, contact our office today. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.